A-level: Component 1 Bundle
Our A-level Component 1 Bundle is an absolute lifesaver for every teacher who is in need of an all-inclusive scheme of work which supports the devising, performing, designing and written or recorded portfolio requirements of a very large component of the Edexcel A-level Theatre Studies course. Our bundle makes use of The Glass Menagerie (excerpt) and Frantic Assembly (practitioner) but we have carefully worded all other components of our bundle to ensure that - should you want to - you can very simply rotate the extract and practitioner content by following the same guidelines and adding new research and tasks.
What's included in this bundle?
A 20-page workbook which works in tandem with our amazing presentation and follows a scaffolded approach to the various tasks and activities that are required for a group and individual to succeed in Component 1:
- Target Tracker and Component 1 Rubric: adapted using A-level theatre studies rubrics and divided according to skills and weighting according to the entire course breakdown.
- Group Performance Task: a full explanation of the mastery task for devising which requires students to craft an original piece using a springboard extract and a practitioner methodology to do so.
- Designer Instructions and Guidelines: a highly supportive set of tasks, instructions and helpful hints (especially for teachers who shy away from offering design streams!)
- Performer Instructions and Guidelines: a solid and focused set of instructions, advice and potential pitfalls for performance students (with suggestions from our company's best practice in devising)
- Scaffolded Portfolio Breakdown: a step-by-step walkthrough of how to approach a fully written portfolio with suggestions for students who may prefer to record some of their answers.
- Character Sketches: full biographical character considerations with two associated mindmap and moodboard tasks (one for designers and the other for performers)
This bundle also inlcudes a 100-slide upskilling Powerpoint Presentation which follows the same structure as our workbook whilst also leaving space for teachers to adapt and move content for their cohorts as they see fit:
- Direct links to workbook content
- Visually appealing cross-curricular approach
- Rubric evaluation opportunities at the beginning of the process
- Homework and discussion tasks embedded throughout
- Relevant analysis and research tasks related to exploring The Glass Menagerie
- Over 20x unique activity prompts which support the use of a Frantic Assembly methdology in the exploration of the text and devising of a new narrative thereafter
- Links to portfolio preparation tasks and consistent annotation of process using a structured system
- Critique and feedback for designers and performers embedded to ensure polishing of final practical offerings.
- Opportunities for extension and differentiation work (with teacher support) throughout
We've also thrown in a very helpful A-level Questionnaire which can be used to ensure parents and students understand the kind of work that should be happening behind-the-scenes and during lessons, and a Personalised Plan of Action document for supporting students to seek peer support within the classroom too.
Approximately 150 hours of resource-building time saved.
1. All digital purchases are final and no refunds will be offered after a purchase has been made.
2. Collab Company accepts no liability for lost, damaged, or destroyed digital downloads. Please ensure you are saving your purchases to secure spaces for your own use after purchase.
3. Collab Company owns the copyright for all resources found in our resource shop. You may not sell, distribute or otherwise market any of our resources as your own on any platform.
4. Our Collab Classroom branding must remain visible in all instances that you make use of our resources.
5. Collab Company encourages educators to adapt our resources to suit their teaching styles and student cohorts however, in all instances of adaptations after purchase, our original source material should be credited with "in collaboration with" and our branding still visible.
6. Collab Company is an organisation founded on a shared ethos of inclusivity, professionalism, respect, integrity and accountability. We expect that all those who purchase from our resource shop will operate from within this ethos as they enter into a professional working relationship with us as resource providers.
7. Collab Company does not accept responsibility for:
7.1. loss or damage of the personal property of a learner when engaging in any activities related to or suggested by any of our Collab Classroom resources.
7.2. death or personal injury to any individual engaging in any activities related to or suggested by any of our Collab Classroom resources.